From: Repath on
Hi all,

I have developed a tool for a team in Ms.Access 2003.

According to the microsoft I have downloaded the RUNTIME Environment.

This is added to the network login Profile of all the users over
here., and is installed automatically on the users computers.
The RunTime Environment can identify the tool.
When double clicked on the tool deployed on the share drive to which
all the users have access, it works fine for the first time.

When the user closed the application and logs on next time either same
day or next day, it does not open (Execute) after double clicking on
the tool icon. (no activity is seen)

Can any one help me to deploy the tool successfully without installing
Ms.Access software over the client computer.

With regards
Repath Athyala
From: Albert D. Kallal on
"Repath" <riphath(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have developed a tool for a team in Ms.Access 2003.
>
> According to the microsoft I have downloaded the RUNTIME Environment.

What version did you download? The only version I know of that is
available for free download is the access 2007 runtime.

The 2003 runtime is not available for free and you have to pay for it.

> Can any one help me to deploy the tool successfully without installing
> Ms.Access software over the client computer.

While the runtime can be disturbed and installed for free, it still is
essentially installing a version of ms-access on a computer.

I have an article that explains the runtime system, and I even provide some
sample install scripts here:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/RunTime/Index.html

The above article is on access 2007 runtime. However, the information much
applies to previous versions. Take a read of the above, it is should help
clear up what you are against.

--
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

From: Access Developer on
"Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkallal(a)msn.com> wrote

> What version did you download? The only
> version I know of that is available for free
> download is the access 2007 runtime.
>
> The 2003 runtime is not available for free
> and you have to pay for it.

If my memory on this issue is correct, the Access 2007 runtime is reputed to
run Access 2003 database applications just fine, Albert. Have I missed
something? I haven't use a runtime in many years... all my clients' users
had full Access Pro installed on their desktops.

Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP