From: Jeff on
James,

If you ever find a solution to this, I would appreciate you forwarding the solution, as we are also stuck w/ the same issue.

Regards,

Jeff

Posted as a reply to:

Detect/prevent multiple tab/browser...
03-Jun-09

Friends,

Our application has a "session" concept, and it just cannot work reliably if
more than one browser instance (two tabs, or two IE8 instances on a single
workstation) refer to the same session. Cookies are involved apparently.

Anyway, is there any good technique we can use to notice that a second tab
or browser instance is accessing our application session. Right now, at the
server side we just don't have a distinction between on tab/instance and
another if they are all from the same workstation.

I may have phrased this poorly, I'm not actually on the web development
team, (I do SQL back-end stuff), but any words or thoughts you have will be
greatly appreciated.

James

WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ec832ac7-6e4c-4ea8-81ab-7374d3da3425/wpf-and-the-model-view-vi.aspx
From: Patrice on
Not sure what is the problem but the user will always be able to use
multiple browser instance (though I've seen a script recently to detect
multiple tabs in a single browser instance, If I remember it just browses a
frame or window collections).

My personal preference would be to double check the problem it causes and
try to solve this rather than just trying to forbid the user to do this
(AFAIK it will be always possible in edge cases).

"Jeff Maus" a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
200992210241jeff.maus(a)apigroupinc.us...

From: Patrice on
> Not sure what is the problem but the user will always be able to use
> multiple browser instance (though I've seen a script recently to detect
> multiple tabs in a single browser instance, If I remember it just browses
> a frame or window collections).

So it was :
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/browse_thread/thread/b30c9d8f364478fc/197c63cbbc31d015?lnk=raot&pli=1

It points to :
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/MultipleTabWindows.aspx

I must have confused with something else as this is not possible client side
(and makes senses as then my site could know what are the other sites you
opened so it would be a privacy issue).

--
Patrice