From: Ron Gibson on
Anyone know where I can get one or both packages or build scripts that
will work with Slack version 12.1 or 13?

The packages and build scripts I've gotten bomb with some sort of
internal error. The dependencies seem to be OK.
--
....Stabbed 14 times, shot 3 times, worst case of suicide ever
From: Emilio Lazardo on

http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/vlc/build/

--
Laugh while you can
From: niels.horn on
On Jul 8, 2:19 pm, Emilio Lazardo <emi...(a)yoyodyne.notarealdomain>
wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:09:02 -0500, Ron Gibson wrote:
> > Anyone know where I can get one or both packages or build scripts that
> > will work with Slack version 12.1 or 13?
>
> > The packages and build scripts I've gotten bomb with some sort of
> > internal error. The dependencies seem to be OK.
>
> http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/vlc/build/
>
> --
> Laugh while you can

On SlackBuilds.org you'll find build scripts for devede:

http://slackbuilds.org/result/?search=devede&sv=

They worked fine for me, but you'll need the correct versions of the
dependencies (the latest 13.1 won't work on 13.0 etc.)

Niels
From: Ron Gibson on
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 03:21:01 -0700 (PDT), "niels.horn"
<niels.horn(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> > The packages and build scripts I've gotten bomb with some sort of
>> > internal error. The dependencies seem to be OK.
>>
>> http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/vlc/build/

>http://slackbuilds.org/result/?search=devede&sv=
>
>They worked fine for me, but you'll need the correct versions of the
>dependencies (the latest 13.1 won't work on 13.0 etc.)

Well I tried both of those but I guess I'll have to try again but
harder.
--
....Stabbed 14 times, shot 3 times, worst case of suicide ever
From: Henrik Carlqvist on
Ron Gibson <rsgibson(a)tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> Anyone know where I can get one or both packages or build scripts that
> will work with Slack version 12.1 or 13?

If you are still unable to find those build scripts you might want to try
makepack instead: http://makepack.sourceforge.net

Unfortunately there is no makepack rule for vlc, mostly because of
historical incompabilities on versions of dependenceis with MPlayer. But
at least there is a makepack rule for devede.

Also, there is not yet any support for Slackware 13, but in a few weeks I
hope to release a new version with support for Slackware 13.x and a
working checkinstall for Slackware 13.

Once makepack is configuread and installed you will on Slackware 12.1 be
able to type:

make devede install

and watch it download, compile and install devede together with its
recursive list of missing dependencies.

regards Henrik
root(a)localhost postmaster(a)localhost