From: Tom Lane on
Viktor Valy <vili0121(a)gmail.com> writes:
> We are 2 Students from the Technical University of Vienna. At our internship
> we would like to develop the item of the TODO list: "Allow SET CONSTRAINTS
> to be qualified by schema/table name".
> Is anyone working on it?

Uh, it was done years ago, AFAICS, unless the Todo entry means something
non-obvious.

regression=# create schema foo;
CREATE SCHEMA
regression=# create table foo.bar (f1 int unique deferrable);
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index "bar_f1_key" for table "bar"
CREATE TABLE
regression=# set constraints foo.bar_f1_key deferred;
SET CONSTRAINTS
regression=# set constraints foo.bar_f1_key immediate;
SET CONSTRAINTS
regression=#

Bruce, do you remember what that entry was really about?

regards, tom lane

From: Thom Brown on
On 3 August 2010 13:57, Viktor Valy <vili0121(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> We are 2 Students from the Technical University of Vienna. At our internship
> we would like to develop the item of the TODO list: "Allow SET CONSTRAINTS
> to be qualified by schema/table name".
> Is anyone working on it?
> Our research at the SET CONTRAINTS function showed the following Error:
> ERROR: cross-database references are not implemented:
> "schema.table.constraint"
> SQL state: 0A000
> Is this the problem we could implement?
> Approximately where is the point to implement?
> As we have few experience with open-source programs, can someone recommend a
> good C-editor for Ubuntu?
> What do others use?
> Thanks in advance,
> Chris & Viktor

I can't answer the main question, but you can try Anjuta as a C
editor: http://www.anjuta.org/

--
Thom Brown
Registered Linux user: #516935

From: "Joshua D. Drake" on
On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 11:10 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Thom Brown <thom(a)linux.com> wrote:
> > I can't answer the main question, but you can try Anjuta as a C
> > editor: http://www.anjuta.org/
>
> Or vi.

cough.

The hint here would be:

>As we have few experience with open-source programs, can someone
>recommend a good C-editor for Ubuntu?

I doubt they are unix/linux people at all. Putting them into Vi land is
a bit torturous.

There are quite a few editors out there but here are some that are going
to be a bit more user friendly (in terms of learning curve):

Bluefish
Anjuta
Kate

If you want a full environment with projects, SCM integration etc... I
would suggest Eclipse.

That said, if you can get a handle on VI/VIM or (joe :P) you will
probably be pleased with the efficiency.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

From: Robert Haas on
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Thom Brown <thom(a)linux.com> wrote:
> I can't answer the main question, but you can try Anjuta as a C
> editor: http://www.anjuta.org/

Or vi.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

From: Viktor Valy on
Thanks for the advice!

Yes, we are new to linux too :)
We have chosen Eclipse, because we have already experience with it.
However, after downloading the code from CVS, we can't build it, because of
some include commands in *tutorial / complex.c *says "*No such file or
directory*". Does anybody know what the clue is?
What should we get, if the code starts?

All the best,

Chris & Viktor