From: (see below) on
Does anyone know where the original Ada source of the Dhrystone benchmark
can be downloaded? So far I've only identified the ACM portal, to which I
have no access.
--
Bill Findlay
<surname><forename> chez blueyonder.co.uk

From: BrianG on
(see below) wrote:
> Does anyone know where the original Ada source of the Dhrystone benchmark
> can be downloaded? So far I've only identified the ACM portal, to which I
> have no access.

Did it exist in the PAL or ASE archives? I found this, but didn't see
it there.
http://archive.adaic.com/ase/support/cardcatx/ad_index.htm
From: Georg Bauhaus on
On 7/24/10 1:20 AM, (see below) wrote:
> Does anyone know where the original Ada source of the Dhrystone benchmark
> can be downloaded? So far I've only identified the ACM portal, to which I
> have no access.

The FTP archive at Ada Belgium (ftp.cs.kuleuven.ac.be) lists
a zip in
/pub/Ada-Belgium/ase/ase02_02/benchmrk/piwg/piwg_11/piwg

File A000091.ADA from the zip archive starts with these lines:

--A000091
-- --
-- "DHRYSTONE" Benchmark Program --
-- ----------------------------- --
-- --
-- Version ADA/1 --
-- --
-- Date: 04/15/84 --
-- --
-- Author: Reinhold P. Weicker --
-- --
-- --
-- As published in Communications of ACM, October 1984 Vol 27 No 10 --
-- --

(This time Google groups search has worked for me.
One of the two messages in the result was written
by someone with username stt and points to "the PIWG
benchmarks" :)
From: (see below) on
On 24/07/2010 08:09, in article
4c4a91bb$0$6765$9b4e6d93(a)newsspool3.arcor-online.net, "Georg Bauhaus"
<rm-host.bauhaus(a)maps.futureapps.de> wrote:

> On 7/24/10 1:20 AM, (see below) wrote:
>> Does anyone know where the original Ada source of the Dhrystone benchmark
>> can be downloaded? So far I've only identified the ACM portal, to which I
>> have no access.
>

> The FTP archive at Ada Belgium (ftp.cs.kuleuven.ac.be) lists
> a zip in
> /pub/Ada-Belgium/ase/ase02_02/benchmrk/piwg/piwg_11/piwg

> (This time Google groups search has worked for me. ... :)

8-) indeed. Thanks for that, Georg.

From: AdaMagica on
> One of the two messages in the result was written
> by someone with username stt

This most probably was Simon Tucker Taft