From: Cindy Lee on
I'm sort of new to WCF and I was wondering the difference between Ajax
Enabled WCF service and regular WCF?

You're adding, and don't have an interface class. When do you want to
use each one?

What do the following lines give you below, vs a regular WCF service?
[ServiceContract(Namespace = "")]
[AspNetCompatibilityRequirements(RequirementsMode =
AspNetCompatibilityRequirementsMode.Allowed)]

From: Mr. Arnold on
Cindy Lee wrote:
> I'm sort of new to WCF and I was wondering the difference between Ajax
> Enabled WCF service and regular WCF?

It just means that you can call the WCF directly instead of having to go
to the WebFrom.aspx.cs or vb codebehind file to make the call to the WCF
Web service.

> You're adding, and don't have an interface class. When do you want to
> use each one?

The one for Ajax I would suspect it to be using a client maybe server
side control to load the control using Ajax with a direct call to WCF
Web service like databind to a Grid control from a back-end database,
query only through WCF Web service.

The second one being called from a codebehind file would be for calling
CURD operations on a back-end database through a WCF Web service.

I don't about some interface class as it pertains to making a call to
WCF. But any call to a WCF service is going through the IService.cs or
vb to use methods in the Service.svc.cs or vb.

> What do the following lines give you below, vs a regular WCF service?
> [ServiceContract(Namespace = "")]
> [AspNetCompatibilityRequirements(RequirementsMode =
> AspNetCompatibilityRequirementsMode.Allowed)]

It means that the WCF Web service will have all the capabilities of an
ASP.NET solution such as keeping session variables and keeping the
session in state on a session state server and other such ASP.NET
solutions capabilities.