From: Laron on
Hi all,

Did acquisition and tracking with pilot channel sharing the same
process in CDMA2000? the acquisition using xcorr find the coarse delay,but
how does tracking action?
Plan to using 8x oversampling,then fed the stream to a digital matched
filter to find best one from the eight. But really have no idea with the
tracking process, do i need to using xcorr again when tracking? or pass the
eight stream to the digital matched filter to find the best one?
when using 256bit DMF, case chip by chip input, tracking will cause the
stream chosen vary frequency; case 256 size buffer,then block by block
input, tracking will introduce a certain mount of delay. How should i do.

Wish your idea and thanks a lot.

B. R.
Laron
From: John on
On Feb 26, 3:50 am, "Laron" <jason.pi...(a)inbox.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     Did acquisition and tracking with pilot channel sharing the same
> process in CDMA2000? the acquisition using xcorr find the coarse delay,but
> how does tracking action?
>     Plan to using 8x oversampling,then fed the stream to a digital matched
> filter to find best one from the eight. But really have no idea with the
> tracking process, do i need to using xcorr again when tracking? or pass the
> eight stream to the digital matched filter to find the best one?
> when using 256bit DMF, case chip by chip input, tracking will cause the
> stream chosen vary frequency; case 256 size buffer,then block by block
> input, tracking will introduce a certain mount of delay. How should i do.
>
> Wish your idea and thanks a lot.
>
> B. R.
> Laron

The cross-correlation will need to run continuously, so that you get a
new peak for each repetition of of the shortcode.

John
From: Laron on
>On Feb 26, 3:50=A0am, "Laron" <jason.pi...(a)inbox.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> =A0 =A0 Did acquisition and tracking with pilot channel sharing the
same
>> process in CDMA2000? the acquisition using xcorr find the coarse
delay,bu=
>> how does tracking action?
>> =A0 =A0 Plan to using 8x oversampling,then fed the stream to a digital
ma=
>tched
>> filter to find best one from the eight. But really have no idea with
the
>> tracking process, do i need to using xcorr again when tracking? or pass
t=
>he
>> eight stream to the digital matched filter to find the best one?
>> when using 256bit DMF, case chip by chip input, tracking will cause the
>> stream chosen vary frequency; case 256 size buffer,then block by block
>> input, tracking will introduce a certain mount of delay. How should i
do.

>> Wish your idea and thanks a lot.
>>
>> B. R.
>> Laron =A0 =A0
>
>The cross-correlation will need to run continuously, so that you get a
>new peak for each repetition of of the shortcode.
>
>John

The 32768 xcorr will take a certain long time, should we all use the 32768
size xcorr during both acquisition and tracking, this will introduce
certain amount of delay.
Another question is when everytime xcorr, we get a new delay, then shall
we shift the local generated pn sequence or shift the input data to align
with local sequence when despreading?

Thanks.
B. R.
Laron
From: John on
On Feb 27, 7:00 pm, "Laron" <jason.pi...(a)inbox.com> wrote:
> >On Feb 26, 3:50=A0am, "Laron" <jason.pi...(a)inbox.com> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
>
> >> =A0 =A0 Did acquisition and tracking with pilot channel sharing the
> same
> >> process in CDMA2000? the acquisition using xcorr find the coarse
> delay,bu=
> >> how does tracking action?
> >> =A0 =A0 Plan to using 8x oversampling,then fed the stream to a digital
> ma=
> >tched
> >> filter to find best one from the eight. But really have no idea with
> the
> >> tracking process, do i need to using xcorr again when tracking? or pass
> t=
> >he
> >> eight stream to the digital matched filter to find the best one?
> >> when using 256bit DMF, case chip by chip input, tracking will cause the
> >> stream chosen vary frequency; case 256 size buffer,then block by block
> >> input, tracking will introduce a certain mount of delay. How should i
> do.
>
> >> Wish your idea and thanks a lot.
>
> >> B. R.
> >> Laron =A0 =A0
>
> >The cross-correlation will need to run continuously, so that you get a
> >new peak for each repetition of of the shortcode.
>
> >John
>
> The 32768 xcorr will take a certain long time, should we all use the 32768
> size xcorr during both acquisition and tracking, this will introduce
> certain amount of delay.
>   Another question is when everytime xcorr, we get a new delay, then shall
> we shift the local generated pn sequence or shift the input data to align
> with local sequence when despreading?
>
> Thanks.
> B. R.
> Laron

Find the XC peak location and then thin off 32678 input samples (those
that went into the XC) starting from the one at the peak location and
striding by whatever your samples per chip is. Now you have a complex
32k vector that is aligned with the shortcode.

You can get complex data symbols as sum(input x conj(sc * w64)) where
sc is the shortcode, w64 is the walsh code, and input is your 32k
vector. The sum is computed over blocks of N inputs depending on the
symbol repetition. N might be 64 (no repetition, one symbol per walsh
sequence) or 256 (one symbol per four walsh sequences). So you get a
new symbol for every N symbols in the 32k inputs.

Now comes the part you asked about earlier. You need to multiply these
symbols by conj(pilot) to remove the phase & frequency offset. Pilot
is just w0, so you can just compute a pilot symbol for every data
symbol.

HTH,

John
From: Laron on

>> same
>> delay,bu=3D
>ital
>> ma=3D
>> >tched
>> the
>> t=3D
>> >he
>> do.

>> >The cross-correlation will need to run continuously, so that you get a
>> >new peak for each repetition of of the shortcode.
>>
>> >John
>>
>> The 32768 xcorr will take a certain long time, should we all use the
3276=
>8
>> size xcorr during both acquisition and tracking, this will introduce
>> certain amount of delay.
>> =A0 Another question is when everytime xcorr, we get a new delay, then
sh=
>all
>> we shift the local generated pn sequence or shift the input data to
align
>> with local sequence when despreading?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> B. R.
>> Laron
>
>Find the XC peak location and then thin off 32678 input samples (those
>that went into the XC) starting from the one at the peak location and
>striding by whatever your samples per chip is. Now you have a complex
>32k vector that is aligned with the shortcode.
>
>You can get complex data symbols as sum(input x conj(sc * w64)) where
>sc is the shortcode, w64 is the walsh code, and input is your 32k
>vector. The sum is computed over blocks of N inputs depending on the
>symbol repetition. N might be 64 (no repetition, one symbol per walsh
>sequence) or 256 (one symbol per four walsh sequences). So you get a
>new symbol for every N symbols in the 32k inputs.
>
>Now comes the part you asked about earlier. You need to multiply these
>symbols by conj(pilot) to remove the phase & frequency offset. Pilot
>is just w0, so you can just compute a pilot symbol for every data
>symbol.
>
>HTH,
>
>John

Hi John
That's very very helpful and a large step ahead. still 2 points confused me
listed below.
1.Cause the pilot symbols(all zeros) only transmitted on I-channel and i q
use different sequence, so how could we make out i channel's imagine part
from the complex sampled data?
2.Cause the sync channel's frame head align with 1 after 15 consecutive
zeros of short code, so we don't need to do symbol timing and just align
walsh code with the short pn sequence, is this right?

Thanks
B. R.
Laron