From: Greegor on
On Jun 29, 12:21 pm, Pieyed Piper
<pieyedPi...(a)thebongshopattheendoftheuniverse.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:58:16 -0600, m II <s...(a)in.the.hat> wrote:
> >Would your design
>
>   My design?

Archie: That canola oil looks kinda dark.

From: Pieyed Piper on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:19:27 -0700 (PDT), Greegor <greegor47(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Jun 29, 12:21�pm, Pieyed Piper
><pieyedPi...(a)thebongshopattheendoftheuniverse.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:58:16 -0600, m II <s...(a)in.the.hat> wrote:
>> >Would your design
>>
>> � My design?
>
>Archie: That canola oil looks kinda dark.

One of my accomplishments.

We designed a 'globber' for cooking oil filtering systems.

Take about 32kV and a series of plates separated by fine 5 micron
filter socks. Place them inside a plastic tank capable of handling high
pressure, and pump the oil through.

The HV between the plates causes the particulate in the oil to glom
together into bigger particles, and that allows the rather large 5 micron
filtration to 'clear filter' cooking oil that normally came out of the
filter still 'dirty', and required high pressure hydraulic forces to push
it through the quick-to-clog filters to even get to that stage.

I think we got about three patents on various elements of the system.

It filtered 30 gallons of oil directly out of the cooking vats and into
itself and pumps clean oil back into the vats or into another container.
All within about a half hour. That saves the fast food joint about 1/4
of their cooking oil costs and that is without figuring in the removal
costs of the old oil.

Did I tell you that you are a retarded fuckhead yet today?
From: m II on
Greegor wrote:

> Archie: That canola oil looks kinda dark.

It was clear before he stirred it with his appendage.

I'd gone into the house for a minute and when I came out, there he
was. He mumbled something about 'checking the viscosity' and quickly
pulled his pants back up.

I know viscosity from nothing, but it still seemed weird. If this
keeps up, I am going to have to reassess our working relationship.

mike

From: Pieyed Piper on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:42:49 -0600, m II <sc(a)in.the.hat> wrote:

>But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be
>liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the
>council; and whoever says, �You fool!� will be liable to the hell of
>fire.
>
>Matthew 5:22

Examine those words carefully, then examine your last battery of
putrescent posts, idiot.

Not only can you not achieve escape velocity from your own stupidity,
you might make a 'captain' of how NOT to live.
From: m II on
John Larkin wrote:

> Nice touch, avoiding all that distressing higher mathematics.
>
> Any idea how the wattmeter works? Is it a dual-coil electrodynamic
> thing?

Yes, it is. You gave me the incentive to remove the back of it. There
are two current transformers on the sides, one for the Watt meter and
the other for the output Amperes. The auto transformer is in the
middle. I was quite impressed with the quality of the fittings and
workmanship. I've put two more shots on the page.

http://scotiabunk.com/

I saved six or seven of these things when a local school stopped
teaching electronics. They were going to the dump.

Sad.

mike