From: WangoTango on

I have been looking for a simple diode array that would be the
equivalent of, say, (8) 1N914 switching diodes in a 16 pin package.
Through hole or surface mount, and under a buck. I have found a couple
that were in the $7.00US range and some crazy military spec things that
were in the $70US range, but that's it. This can't be that strange of
an item. Is it my Googling skills or is it just not being manufactured?

Jim

From: Martin Riddle on

"WangoTango" <Asgard24(a)mindspring.com> wrote in message

> I have been looking for a simple diode array that would be the
> equivalent of, say, (8) 1N914 switching diodes in a 16 pin package.
> Through hole or surface mount, and under a buck. I have found a
> couple
> that were in the $7.00US range and some crazy military spec things
> that
> were in the $70US range, but that's it. This can't be that strange of
> an item. Is it my Googling skills or is it just not being
> manufactured?
>
> Jim

Diodes Inc. MMBD4148TW tripple
<$0.50

Cheers

From: linnix on
On Aug 10, 3:10 pm, WangoTango <Asgar...(a)mindspring.com> wrote:
> I have been looking for a simple diode array that would be the
> equivalent of, say, (8) 1N914 switching diodes in a 16 pin package.
> Through hole or surface mount, and under a buck.  I have found a couple
> that were in the $7.00US range and some crazy military spec things that
> were in the $70US range, but that's it.  This can't be that strange of
> an item.  Is it my Googling skills or is it just not being manufactured?
>
>                               Jim

It's just not a commonly used item. What do you use them for?
Yes, we can pack 8 diodes in 16 pin dip. Can you buy 1k?
From: Paul Keinanen on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:10:52 -0400, WangoTango
<Asgard24(a)mindspring.com> wrote:

>I have been looking for a simple diode array that would be the
>equivalent of, say, (8) 1N914 switching diodes in a 16 pin package.
>Through hole or surface mount, and under a buck. I have found a couple
>that were in the $7.00US range and some crazy military spec things that
>were in the $70US range, but that's it. This can't be that strange of
>an item. Is it my Googling skills or is it just not being manufactured?

Would a common anode or common cathode package be suitable (e.g. for
multiplexer input range protection, then a small 7 segment display
might be usable :-).

From: linnix on
On Aug 10, 10:48 pm, Paul Keinanen <keina...(a)sci.fi> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:10:52 -0400, WangoTango
>
> <Asgar...(a)mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >I have been looking for a simple diode array that would be the
> >equivalent of, say, (8) 1N914 switching diodes in a 16 pin package.
> >Through hole or surface mount, and under a buck.  I have found a couple
> >that were in the $7.00US range and some crazy military spec things that
> >were in the $70US range, but that's it.  This can't be that strange of
> >an item.  Is it my Googling skills or is it just not being manufactured?
>
> Would a common anode or common cathode package be suitable (e.g. for
> multiplexer input range protection, then a small 7 segment display
> might be usable :-).

In that case, TVS diodes are usually denser and cheaper