From: gallion311 on
Thanks guys, I'll definetaly have to try adding the QT6Asset xtra. I'm not too
optimistic about that though becuase I never added that too the older project
folders. I know for sure that when I burnt the old CD's it included just the
..exe, the quicktimes, and an autorun...wouldn' t the CD's have needed that
file as well? Is there some option I have to check? Is that something included
in the .exe or an additional file that needs to be added to the folder?

And the same goes for Mark; the old CD didn't have that addition and it runs
fine.

The real problem here (as I see it) is that it works on CD "A". I copy and
paste to CD "B" and it doesn't work. Isn't that piece of code written to be
versatile?

I opened my old project, re-complied it, and it worked perfectly so I know
it's nothing that changed in my PC (like if I got Quicktime 7).

I even grabbed that piece of code and dropped it in a completely empty
Director scene and still got the error...

As I last ditch effort could somebody copy that code into a blank scene and
see if they get that error?

Thanks!

From: Mike Blaustein on
You can add the xtra into the projector by going to Modify, Movie,
Xtras. Then add that xtra to the list. What may have happened is this:
On your old project that worked, you had added a Quicktime cast member.
When that happens, the xtra gets added automatically. On this new
project you have not added a QT member so it is not in the list. The
xtras are not automatically added if you just use scripting to call on
them, though they are added when you import the media into the cast.
From: gallion311 on
Thanks so much Mike...I appreciate your time.

I was thinking about it last night and I suddenly realized what happens(that
Director adds the QT file automatically once you add a QT movie to the cast). I
got up this morning and was happy to see you had confirmed my beliefs. Added a
random QT movie and it works like a charm.

Thanks again!
rg