From: Harakiri on
Does the following

http://www.postfix.org/CONNECTION_CACHE_README.html

apply to : When postfix sents a RSET smtp command, and delivers a new mail using the same connection ?

I understand that by default it will use smtp_connection_cache_on_demand on a high queue (what number exactly?).

However, i would like to disable this for local filters (anti/spam/virus) because sometimes they may get confused and do not support this behaviour.

It should still be active when sending to the next hop.

Thanks

From: Wietse Venema on
Harakiri:
> However, i would like to disable this for local filters
> (anti/spam/virus) because sometimes they may get confused and do
> not support this behaviour.

This is an example from http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html,
with an extra command-line option to turn off connection caching
for the content filter.

/etc/postfix/master.cf:
# =============================================================
# service type private unpriv chroot wakeup maxproc command
# (yes) (yes) (yes) (never) (100)
# =============================================================
scan unix - - n - 10 smtp
-o smtp_send_xforward_command=yes
-o disable_mime_output_conversion=yes
-o smtp_generic_maps=
-o smtp_connection_cache_on_demand=no

> It should still be active when sending to the next hop.

Or perhaps use a not-so-buggy content filter.

Wietse

From: Harakiri on

> > However, i would like to disable this for local
> filters
> > (anti/spam/virus) because sometimes they may get
> confused and do
> > not support this behaviour.
>
> This is an example from http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html,
> with an extra command-line option to turn off connection
> caching
> for the content filter.
>
> /etc/postfix/master.cf:
>     #
>     # service type  private unpriv
> chroot  wakeup  maxproc command
>     #
>    (yes)   (yes)   (yes)   (never)
> (100)
>     #
>     scan      unix  -
>      -
>    n       -
>      10      smtp
>     -o smtp_send_xforward_command=yes
>     -o disable_mime_output_conversion=yes
>     -o smtp_generic_maps=
>     -o smtp_connection_cache_on_demand=no
>
> > It should still be active when sending to the next
> hop.
>
> Or perhaps use a not-so-buggy content filter.

I tested it with -o smtp_connection_cache_on_demand=no but its still reusing the connection. Im using that line on the external SMTPD entry with the -o content_filter= option.

From: Wietse Venema on
Harakiri:
> > scan unix - - n - 10 smtp
> > -o smtp_send_xforward_command=yes
> > -o disable_mime_output_conversion=yes
> > -o smtp_generic_maps=
> > -o smtp_connection_cache_on_demand=no
> I tested it with -o smtp_connection_cache_on_demand=no but its still reusi
>-ng the connection. Im using that line on the external SMTPD entry with the -
>-o content_filter= option.

Now FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS and put "o smtp_connection_cache_on_demand=no"
on the SMTP CLIENT.

Wietse