From: Richard Quadling on
On 11 September 2010 20:24, Jim Lucas <lists(a)cmsws.com> wrote:
> As I thought, looking through the docs, it looks like the only way to set
> the options that are only settable via the php.ini file is to use a per
> directory php.ini file.  But, the problem with that is, it only works with
> the CGI/FASTCGI SAPI version of php.  It won't work with the apache mod
> version.
>
> So, I guess the question back to you is, what is your setup like?  And if it
> isn't CGI/FASTCGI SAPI are you willing to change to that setup?
>
> Read More: http://www.php.net/manual/en/configuration.file.per-user.php

Thanks for that. FastCGI. Will do some more work on it now.

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend
From: David Robley on
Richard Quadling wrote:

> On 11 September 2010 20:24, Jim Lucas <lists(a)cmsws.com> wrote:
>> As I thought, looking through the docs, it looks like the only way to set
>> the options that are only settable via the php.ini file is to use a per
>> directory php.ini file. �But, the problem with that is, it only works
>> with the CGI/FASTCGI SAPI version of php. �It won't work with the apache
>> mod version.
>>
>> So, I guess the question back to you is, what is your setup like? �And if
>> it isn't CGI/FASTCGI SAPI are you willing to change to that setup?
>>
>> Read More: http://www.php.net/manual/en/configuration.file.per-user.php
>
> Thanks for that. FastCGI. Will do some more work on it now.

If you are wanting to disable parsing of php files on a per-directory basis,
you can do this via .htaccess using

php_flag engine 1|0 (or on|off if you prefer)

http://php.net/manual/en/apache.configuration.php#ini.engine Rather well
hidden - took me a few minutes to dig it out :-)

Cheers
--
David Robley

If you would know a man, observe how he treats a cat.
Today is Setting Orange, the 36th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3176.

From: Richard Quadling on
On 12 September 2010 09:19, David Robley <robleyd(a)aapt.net.au> wrote:
> Richard Quadling wrote:
>
>> On 11 September 2010 20:24, Jim Lucas <lists(a)cmsws.com> wrote:
>>> As I thought, looking through the docs, it looks like the only way to set
>>> the options that are only settable via the php.ini file is to use a per
>>> directory php.ini file.  But, the problem with that is, it only works
>>> with the CGI/FASTCGI SAPI version of php.  It won't work with the apache
>>> mod version.
>>>
>>> So, I guess the question back to you is, what is your setup like?  And if
>>> it isn't CGI/FASTCGI SAPI are you willing to change to that setup?
>>>
>>> Read More: http://www.php.net/manual/en/configuration.file.per-user.php
>>
>> Thanks for that. FastCGI. Will do some more work on it now.
>>

> If you are wanting to disable parsing of php files on a per-directory basis,
> you can do this via .htaccess using
>
> php_flag engine 1|0 (or on|off if you prefer)
>
> http://php.net/manual/en/apache.configuration.php#ini.engine Rather well
> hidden - took me a few minutes to dig it out :-)
>

> Cheers
> --
> David Robley
>
> If you would know a man, observe how he treats a cat.
> Today is Setting Orange, the 36th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3176.

I'm helping someone else, so not my setup. They want to disable the
gmagick extension.

I'm waiting for him to get back to me on system setup.

I'm not exactly sure why this extension requires disabling in a single
directory ...

All things I should have asked first, but my first impression was that
there was no way to do a ...

-extension=php_gmagick.dll (or .so).

I'm thinking about a shared hosting where a user may have a conflict
between their own classes and an extension's.

Namespaces could be the answer here, but you can't just put a 1 liner
in and have all the code fixed.