From: Robert L. Oldershaw on

Well, well. There was another pleasant surprise in the science news
yesterday.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100728092633.htm

Astronomers have discovered an "unusual" planetary system wherein the
two planets orbit the system's core object in a relatively close-in
2:1 resonance.

According to one of the astrophysicists involved: "... we are at a
loss to explain why this happened. This is the latest in a long line
of strange discoveries about extrosolar planets, ... . Each time we
think we can explain them, something else comes along."

But of course, helium-like atoms have no such problems with 2:1
resonances. These states are relatively common in excited atomic
scale systems because of their stability.

In fact, all of the "strange discoveries", such as pulsar/planets,
incredibly close-in gas giant planets, and ubiquitous non-coplanarity,
are not the least bit strange if you understand the discrete self-
similarity between Stellar Scale systems and Atomic Scale systems. In
fact, one could anticipate the previous "strange discoveries", and the
many more to come until the boffins realize that stars and atoms are
the same physical systems with the same physics. They only appear to
superficially differ because of the extremely large differences in
discrete L,T,M scales.

It's a whole new discrete fractal world!
Watch the patttern emerge from the scattered observational pieces of
the puzzle.

RLO
www.amherst.edu/~rloldershaw
From: David Bostwick on
Are you really Archimedes Plutonium in disguise?

In article
<c9c01882-7c65-48df-a1d1-e8fed27728c7(a)u26g2000yqu.googlegroups.com>, "Robert

From: Robert L. Oldershaw on
On Jul 30, 1:16 pm, david.bostw...(a)chemistry.gatech.edu (David
Bostwick) wrote:

> Are you really Archimedes Plutonium in disguise?

If you go to my website and spend a few minutes studying diligently,
you will find that there is a universe of difference between me and
AP.

But I recognize that revolutionary new ideas do sound "crackpot" at
first, so I can understand your first reaction.

From: oriel36 on
On Jul 30, 10:14 pm, "Robert L. Oldershaw" <rlolders...(a)amherst.edu>
wrote:
> On Jul 30, 1:16 pm, david.bostw...(a)chemistry.gatech.edu (David
>
> Bostwick) wrote:
> > Are you really Archimedes Plutonium in disguise?
>
> If you go to my website and spend a few minutes studying diligently,
> you will find that there is a universe of difference between me and
> AP.
>
> But I recognize that revolutionary new ideas do sound "crackpot" at
> first, so I can understand your first reaction.
>
> RLOwww.amherst.edu/~rloldershaw

Oh please,surely people are not taken in by this latest fad,in a few
years they will be interpreting real estate prices on other planets
the way they are going,I'm sure the guys play csi.planetary are having
a ball dazzling the world with the attributes of the next exoplanet
but unfortunately when they do see one directly such as in the
Fomalhaut system they are not blown away with the default elliptical
geometry with a planet in what appears to be a circular orbit -

http://www.astroblogs.nl/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/fomalhaut_ring.jpg

Considering that I have yet to get some reasonably intelligent person
to affirm that the Earth's polar daylight/darkness cycle where 6
months of darkness is followed by 6 months of daylight is due to the
orbital behavior of the Earth, where the polar coordinates act like an
beacon for the orbital motion of the Earth,the revolution should start
with understanding our own planet's attributes or those within the
solar system instead of that exoplanet caper now in vogue.
From: David Bostwick on
In article <aaf83834-ebe2-451f-81a5-8ffa049aa4ed(a)t2g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>, "Robert L. Oldershaw" <rloldershaw(a)amherst.edu> wrote:
>On Jul 30, 1:16=A0pm, david.bostw...(a)chemistry.gatech.edu (David
>Bostwick) wrote:
>
>> Are you really Archimedes Plutonium in disguise?
>>

>If you go to my website and spend a few minutes studying diligently,
>you will find that there is a universe of difference between me and
>AP.
>
>But I recognize that revolutionary new ideas do sound "crackpot" at
>first, so I can understand your first reaction.
>
>RLO
>www.amherst.edu/~rloldershaw

Actually, all crackpots sound pretty much alike.