From: Geir Holmavatn on

> Have you tried chillispot?

> ChilliSpot is an open source captive portal or wireless LAN access point
> controller. It supports web based login which is today's standard for
> public HotSpots and it supports Wireless Protected Access (WPA) which
> is the standard of the future. Authentication, Authorization and
> Accounting (AAA) is handled by your favorite radius server.

Seems interesting, however we have cabled network.

But if chillispot can be used with wired LAN it seems that
authentication against Freeradius and possibly accounting too would give
me some of the options I need.

Or does it exist another similar system not being aimed at wireless
network (I definitely noi need WPA etc)...

geir
From: jellybean stonerfish on
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 22:20:02 +0200, Geir Holmavatn wrote:

>> Have you tried chillispot?

>> ChilliSpot is an open source captive portal or wireless LAN access
>> point controller. It supports web based login which is today's
>> standard for public HotSpots and it supports Wireless Protected
>> Access (WPA) which is the standard of the future. Authentication,
>> Authorization and Accounting (AAA) is handled by your favorite radius
>> server.
>
> Seems interesting, however we have cabled network.
>
> But if chillispot can be used with wired LAN it seems that
> authentication against Freeradius and possibly accounting too would give
> me some of the options I need.
>
> Or does it exist another similar system not being aimed at wireless
> network (I definitely noi need WPA etc)...
>
> geir

You can always download the source and look at the script
hotspotlogin.cgi, "A perl script which queries users for username and
password." I didn't look at it myself, so I might be more help if I
don't mention it, but it might give you some ideas.