From: larwe on
On Jun 17, 12:57 am, "kelly" <manama...(a)no.com> wrote:

> Apple & others sell similar precut film to protect iPod displays. They are
> not adhesive backed and are held in place by "electrostatic" force (?). Cost
> is a couple of dollars retail.

Cost is much more than a couple of dollars retail for ANYTHING in the
Apple store :( From memory I think a 2-pack of iPhone protectors is
$20.
From: kelly on

>"larwe" <zwsdotcom(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>On Jun 17, 12:57 am, "kelly" <manama...(a)no.com> wrote:

>> Apple & others sell similar precut film to protect iPod displays. They
>> are
>> not adhesive backed and are held in place by "electrostatic" force (?).
>> Cost
>> is a couple of dollars retail.

>Cost is much more than a couple of dollars retail for ANYTHING in the
>Apple store :( From memory I think a 2-pack of iPhone protectors is
>$20.

Ok, must be different on your side. At KMart (not sure if you have these
guys) they had the screen covers for a few dollars. They may not have been
genuine apple items. Most of the covers / holsters etc here are not apple
products. Apple must make a shirt load of dollars out of our kids.

From: larwe on
On Jun 18, 6:13 am, "kelly" <manama...(a)no.com> wrote:

> >> Apple & others sell similar precut film to protect iPod displays. They

> >Cost is much more than a couple of dollars retail for ANYTHING in the
> >Apple store :( From memory I think a 2-pack of iPhone protectors is
>
> Ok, must be different on your side. At KMart (not sure if you have these
> guys) they had the screen covers for a few dollars. They may not have been

Ah. When you said "Apple sells.." I thought you were referring to
what's on sale in the actual Apple stores. I doubt there is an item in
those stores under $10. Yes, we have K-Mart here :)
From: George Neuner on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:13:01 +0800, "kelly" <manamanup(a)no.com> wrote:

>>"larwe" <zwsdotcom(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>On Jun 17, 12:57 am, "kelly" <manama...(a)no.com> wrote:
>
>>> Apple & others sell similar precut film to protect iPod displays. They
>>> are
>>> not adhesive backed and are held in place by "electrostatic" force (?).
>>> Cost
>>> is a couple of dollars retail.
>
>>Cost is much more than a couple of dollars retail for ANYTHING in the
>>Apple store :( From memory I think a 2-pack of iPhone protectors is
>>$20.
>
>Ok, must be different on your side. At KMart (not sure if you have these
>guys) they had the screen covers for a few dollars. They may not have been
>genuine apple items. Most of the covers / holsters etc here are not apple
>products. Apple must make a shirt load of dollars out of our kids.

The BodyGuardz skin is an adaptation from automobile clear-coat
protection. It is quite a bit tougher than the plastic covers sold in
stores, it's optically clear and it has no polarization.

All the cheapo plastic skins I have encountered are polarized. I have
polarized sun-glasses and with them I can see a naked iPod or iPhone
screen perfectly. But if the screen is covered with one of those
cheap skins I see Moir� patterns and the screen is unreadable at an
angle.

George