From: VK on
> Do not assign undefined to window.onerror in IE/MSHTML (was: Trigger hover pseudo class using javascript?)

The title was misleading so I corrected it. IE doesn't and never did
allow to assign undefined to window host object event handlers, in
this aspect onerror is same as onload. If one needs to clear up a
handler, assign null instead:
window.onerror = null;

Also onerror and status are pre-historic interfaces so they use
inversed from the modern point of view logic: in order to suppress the
default action on needs to return true, not false. This is because
before IE4/NN4 the underlaying logic was "- Cancel the default action?
- Yes." against of the current ""- Proceed with the default action? -
No."
From: Ciaran on
Is it just me or was my query hijacked and converted into a debugging
session for an intended publicity/SEO plug for a personal project?

Ciaran (OP)