From: Jordan Jovanov on
Hello Everybody

I start to write PHP script and all veritable a defined without some
rules. I want to ask to you somebody know how is correct do different
some variable.
Like from next three variable who is correct:
$firstname $FirstName $firstName $first_name etc.

I know that from this variable can work all, but i want to know how is
use in company.
Do you have some standard for defined the variable in program language?
(like ISO9001, ISO14001)

Best Regard,
Jordan Jovanov
From: viraj on
$firstName is the most readable.. for variables.

does anybody have negative thoughts on using the same naming format
for method/function and for class names?

i guess it's worth sharing! many thanks!

~viraj

From: Jordan on
On 7/27/2010 12:38 PM, Andre Polykanine wrote:
> Hello viraj,
>
> As for classes, it's suggested to start a class name with a capital:
> class MyBestClass {
> }
>
> As for functions and class methods, there are lots of people who name
> them like this:
>
> function the_greatest_function_in_the_world () {
> }
>
> Maybe it's readable and great, but I have a little problem: I'm using
> a screenreader, so the word "underscore" (and its Russian equivalent)
> is too long for me. So I prefer
>
> function TheGreatestFunctionInTheWorld () {
> }
>
> However, just discussed it with my wife. She prefers the same method
> as me, though she doesn't use any screenreading software for
> developing.

Hello All

First thanks for all suggestions, I find some document from 2003 year
and plane to use this standard everybody who what can see on next link
http://www.dagbladet.no/development/phpcodingstandard/

Best Regards
Jovanov Jordan