From: xmllmx on
Dear all,

Maybe you know, I am a huge fan of C++. I have a question to ask:

string str;
cin >> str;

The code fragment above is very common. I think the global function "
istream& operator >>(istream& in, string& str); " must be of course
defined by the C++ standard.

I looked up the newest C++ standard from the first page to the last
page; However, I got nothing.

Who can tell me where to find the definition in the C++ standard. It
will be highly appreciated if someone can refer me to the exact page
number.

{ Mod factoid: 21.3.7.9[lib.string.io] in ISO/IEC 14882:2003. -mod/sk }

Thanks in advance!