From: diogobacon on

Good afternoon,

I doubt the following staff:

I know that you can create a Pivot Table apart from others in the same
workbook (they share the cache).

But I wonder if it is possible, normally or using VB to create a Pivot
Table starting at one that is in another workbook.

Thank you for your help.

Diogo A. Viana

--
diogobacon
From: Fred Smith on
I had no problem doing so in Excel 2007.

The procedure was:
-- Open both workbooks
-- In the target workbook, specify Insert>Pivot Table
-- For Select a table or Range, click the Collapse Dialogue button
-- Go to the other workbook and highlight your data table, then click on
Expand Dialogue button
-- Continue normally with the other options

Regards,
Fred

From: diogobacon on

It makes sense and works, but my idea is to use the same cache that is I
would like to preserve the formulas in a pivot table to another.

Thank you,

Diogo A. Viana

--
diogobacon