From: "John <><" on
I have the latest (I think) version of Internet Explorer
(6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301.1519)

While I don't use it, I need Outlook Express to test a set-up for another
person.
When I try to download Outlook Express, I get a small file called
"ie6setupOe.exe"
When I try to run it, I get an error message "Setup has detected a newer version
of Internet Explorer already installed on this system. Setup can not continue"

How do I installOutlook Express?

Thanks!.
John <><
From: Gordon on
John <>< wrote:
> I have the latest (I think) version of Internet Explorer
> (6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301.1519)
>
> While I don't use it, I need Outlook Express to test a set-up for
> another person.
> When I try to download Outlook Express, I get a small file called
> "ie6setupOe.exe"
> When I try to run it, I get an error message "Setup has detected a
> newer version of Internet Explorer already installed on this system.
> Setup can not continue"

You've already got it. Look under Start-All Programs

From: Wesley Vogel on
Windows Components Outlook Express

Outlook Express is msimn.exe. MicroSoft Internet Mail and News.

To start OE...
Start | Run | Type: msimn | Click OK |

There should be a shortcut on the Start Menu.
Start | All Programs |

If not...
Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
Customize button | General tab | Show on Start menu |
Place a check in E-mail | Click the V and select Outlook Express |
Click OK | Click Apply | Click OK

Maybe access was removed in Add or Remove Programs.

Open Add or Remove Programs...
Start | Run | Type: appwiz.cpl | Click OK |
Add/Remove Windows Components | Scroll down to
Outlook Express and place a check in the box | Next button |
Finish button

How To Add or Remove a Windows Component in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307894

Should be here...
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express
or
%programfiles%\Outlook Express

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:e1s4u1h1kafloe89qjshte2ck6lbt4t4fk(a)4ax.com,
John <>< <> hunted and pecked:

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
John <>< wrote:

> I have the latest (I think) version of Internet Explorer
> (6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301.1519)
>
> While I don't use it, I need Outlook Express to test a set-up for
> another person.
> When I try to download Outlook Express, I get a small file called
> "ie6setupOe.exe"
> When I try to run it, I get an error message "Setup has detected a
> newer version of Internet Explorer already installed on this system.
> Setup can not continue"
>
> How do I installOutlook Express?

There's nothing you need to download and nothing you need to install.
Outlook Express is a component of Windows and it's already installed on your
computer. The name of the executable is msimn.exe.

Please reply to the newsgroup

From: "John <><" on
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 21:33:42 -0000, "Gordon" <gordon(a)localhost.localdomain>
wrote:

>John <>< wrote:
>> I have the latest (I think) version of Internet Explorer
>> (6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301.1519)
>>
>> While I don't use it, I need Outlook Express to test a set-up for
>> another person.
>> When I try to download Outlook Express, I get a small file called
>> "ie6setupOe.exe"
>> When I try to run it, I get an error message "Setup has detected a
>> newer version of Internet Explorer already installed on this system.
>> Setup can not continue"
>>

>You've already got it. Look under Start-All Programs

No, I probrbly deleted it sometime in the past - figuring I would never use it
anyway.
It is not shown under "All Programs"; and Belarc Advisor does not see it either.

It is not that I want to use it (I use Eudora, and am happy with it) but I
wanted to see if in the Outlook (Express) program I could change the SMTP port,
and use the SMTP server from our own domain, rather than the one from our ISP.

I know how to do this in Eudora, but one of the people on our domain who uses
Outlook asked me about it.

Cheers!

John <><