From: James Edward Gray II on
On May 5, 2010, at 1:05 PM, David Masover wrote:

> Ubuntu has Ruby packages, and the default ones (I think) are still 1.8.
>
> sudo apt-get install ruby

You can use:

sudo apt-get install ruby-full

to get all of Ruby and all of its dependencies.

James Edward Gray II

From: Rick DeNatale on
One might also using rvm

http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/os/debian/

I've been using rvm quite happily on OS X for some months, and just
today got around to installing it on my unbuntu box.

--
Rick DeNatale

Github: http://github.com/rubyredrick
Twitter: @RickDeNatale