From: Toya Davis Toya Davis on
Whenever I right click on any icon on my desktop my computer freezes and I
get a Dr watson postmortem error . My PC also freezes when I right click on
any file or folder from a file search. When I double click my PC does not
freeze. I need help resolving this issue .
From: R. McCarty on
Right Click options ( Context Menu ) can be extended by 3rd-party
applications. This is how you get items such as "Scan with...." AV &
other options. Some of these context menu items can cause system
issues like you describe.

You can review all the entries present on your PC with a program
called ShellExView. You can selectively disable any items that might
be causing the system faults. ( non Microsoft in the company column ).

Download available here:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

From: Johnw on
Toya Davis was thinking very hard :
> Whenever I right click on any icon on my desktop my computer freezes and I
> get a Dr watson postmortem error . My PC also freezes when I right click on
> any file or folder from a file search. When I double click my PC does not
> freeze. I need help resolving this issue .

Toya something caused the problem, you may already know. You probably
will need to do some extra research.
Here is a start.

Mark Suspicious Shell Extensions
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexvi...
Most shell extensions use standard file extensions (.dll, .ocx or .cpl)
as well as they usually don't turn on their system attribues
(read-only/hidden/system). If ShellExView detect shell extension with
unusual file extension or with unusual attribute (e.g: shell extension
dll that is marked as hidden in the file system), it'll be marked in
red color. It's recommended to deeply check these unusual shell
extensions to insure that they are not unwanted malicious programs that
penetrated into your system.

From: ernie on
Dear Toya,
See if you can decipher the messages, or stop them:

http://www.computerhope.com/software/drwatson.htm

HTH,
ern.

"Toya Davis" <Toya Davis @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I right click on any icon on my desktop my computer freezes and I
> get a Dr watson postmortem error . My PC also freezes when I right click
> on
> any file or folder from a file search. When I double click my PC does not
> freeze. I need help resolving this issue .

Pages: 1
Prev: Windows updates
Next: Looking for a tool