From: rantingrick on

Mensanator snipped: """Yeah, I saw that. Funny that something
important like that wasn't part of the announcement. I notice no
mention of Mac OS, so visiting the website was a complete waste of
time on my part, wasn't it?"""

Oh Mensanator, why you always so grumpy? I visited your site a few
years ago and i found it to be a complete waste of my time but you
don't hear me whining about it do you? Besides mac is always the last
to get releases (if any) everybody knows that. If you drive a porsche
you can't get all upset every time you find yourself on road with pot-
holes, your just not *that* important because you drive a porsche!
Please (in the future) leave the ranting to me, i'm better at it ;).

Thanks for the release Noam, i look forward to "test driving" it.
hehe ;)

From: Philip Semanchuk on

On Feb 21, 2010, at 8:39 PM, rantingrick wrote:

> Mensanator snipped: """Yeah, I saw that. Funny that something
> important like that wasn't part of the announcement. I notice no
> mention of Mac OS, so visiting the website was a complete waste of
> time on my part, wasn't it?"""
>
> Oh Mensanator, why you always so grumpy? I visited your site a few
> years ago and i found it to be a complete waste of my time but you
> don't hear me whining about it do you? Besides mac is always the last
> to get releases (if any) everybody knows that.

Erm...not if the developer uses a Mac. =)

From: Mensanator on
On Feb 21, 7:39 pm, rantingrick <rantingr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Mensanator snipped: """Yeah, I saw that. Funny that something
> important like that wasn't part of the announcement. I notice no
> mention of Mac OS, so visiting the website was a complete waste of
> time on my part, wasn't it?"""
>
> Oh Mensanator, why you always so grumpy?

Part of the job requirements of a gadfly.

> I visited your site a few
> years ago and i found it to be a complete waste of my time but you
> don't hear me whining about it do you?

Did I ever claim it wasn't?

> Besides mac is always the last
> to get releases (if any) everybody knows that.

I'm not complaining about the lack of Mac support, just that
it wasn't mentioned in the announcement.

> If you drive a porsche
> you can't get all upset every time you find yourself on road with pot-
> holes, your just not *that* important because you drive a porsche!

"You're" not getting the point.

From: gorauskas on
I installed it on a Windows 7 machine with CPython 2.6.4 and I get the
following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "dreampie.py", line 3, in <module>
File "dreampielib\gui\__init__.pyc", line 73, in <module>
File "dreampielib\gui\load_pygtk.pyc", line 49, in load_pygtk

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, JGG
From: Processor-Dev1l on
On Feb 21, 10:42 am, Noam Yorav-Raphael <noamr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce DreamPie 1.0 - a new graphical interactive
> Python shell!
>
> Some highlights:
>
> * Has whatever you would expect from a graphical Python shell -
> attribute completion, tooltips which show how to call functions,
> highlighting of matching parentheses, etc.
> * Fixes a lot of IDLE nuisances - in DreamPie interrupt always works,
> history recall and completion works as expected, etc.
> * Results are saved in the Result History.
Very good work, Noam,
I am looking forward to test this with IronPython :)