From: Jack on
I have a new IOH which is connected to an x86 core through PCIe. This
IOH has SATA, USB and eMMC attached to it.. Do I need to write a
controller driver (referring the IOH data sheet) for these interfaces,
or does Linux provides any std. drivers for these interfaces. I am new
to x86 stuffs.
Could anyone guide me on this.?

-Jack
From: Robert Hancock on
On 05/28/2010 05:46 AM, Jack wrote:
> I have a new IOH which is connected to an x86 core through PCIe. This
> IOH has SATA, USB and eMMC attached to it.. Do I need to write a
> controller driver (referring the IOH data sheet) for these interfaces,
> or does Linux provides any std. drivers for these interfaces. I am new
> to x86 stuffs.
> Could anyone guide me on this.?

It depends what interface protocol those devices use..