From: Alpha on

Installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit successfully on one machine.
We still have the original Windows XP Pro SP3 Acronis image stored on a
second hard drive on that PC. (It has two hard drives - one is for the OS,
the other for data plus the page file).
We know we can create a new system drive active partition by resizing the
current Windows 7 one, and restore the Windows XP image to it.
Will that make it a dual-boot PC by itself?
Or, what else has to be done? Like modifying their boot files, for instance.
And how?
We wish to avoid a solution that avoids reinstalling either OS.
We did not envision a dual-boot scenario earlier.
Regards and TIA.
Alpha
--------

From: Peter Foldes on
Windows 7 Enterprise ? Contact the contact number that can answer the VL version
that was supplied with your purchase

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Alpha on
"Peter Foldes" <maci252211(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Windows 7 Enterprise ? Contact the contact number that can answer the VL
> version that was supplied with your purchase
>
> --
> Peter

Was not purchased. Downloaded from Microsoft under the 90-day trial offer.
There is no contact number supplied with it though.
ALAFAICS
:-)
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc442495.aspx?ITPID=bieb

Thanks and regards.
Alpha
--------

From: Frank on
On 6/26/2010 6:38 AM, Peter Foldes wrote:
> Windows 7 Enterprise ? Contact the contact number that can answer the VL
> version that was supplied with your purchase

You have no idea what the OP is talking about do you.
Oops!
From: Frank on
On 6/26/2010 6:24 AM, Alpha wrote:
> Installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit successfully on one machine.
> We still have the original Windows XP Pro SP3 Acronis image stored on a
> second hard drive on that PC. (It has two hard drives - one is for the OS,
> the other for data plus the page file).
> We know we can create a new system drive active partition by resizing the
> current Windows 7 one, and restore the Windows XP image to it.
> Will that make it a dual-boot PC by itself?
> Or, what else has to be done? Like modifying their boot files, for instance.
> And how?
> We wish to avoid a solution that avoids reinstalling either OS.
> We did not envision a dual-boot scenario earlier.
> Regards and TIA.
> Alpha
> --------

You can restore the XP image to the partition but before doing that I
suggest you dl & install EasyBCD, a Windows 7 boot manager, on Windows 7:

http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

Then after you've restored the XP image, boot to 7 and open EasyBCD and
put XP into the boot manager.
HTH