From: Patrick A on
All,

I am trying to make some (Drag and Drop re-order) code work.

I have learned that it will not work with a data-bound DataGridView.
So I deleted my old data-bound DataGridView, and added a new
DataGridView to my form, and filled it using the code below.

Here's the dumb question - is this still considered a data-bound
DataGridView? This may be semantics, but if it is still considered
data-bound, I'll stop trying to get the code to work (aka beating my
head on my keyboard).

Thanks,

Patrick

***********

Private Sub sfrmSetupButtons_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object,
Dim cnString As String 'Set up connection string as String
Dim sqlQRYRows As String 'Set up sqlQuery string as String

'Define the connection string
cnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=H:
\L55Timer\L55Timer.mdb;Jet OLEDB:database Locking Mode=0;Mode=Share
Deny None"
sqlQRYRows = "Select * from QRY_Buttons" 'Build the command
text
conn = New OleDbConnection(cnString) ' Set up conn as a
connection

Try
conn.Open() ' Open the connection
da = New OleDbDataAdapter(sqlQRYRows, conn) 'Set up the
Data Adapter
'create command builder
Dim cb As OleDbCommandBuilder = New
OleDbCommandBuilder(da)

'fill dataset
ds.Clear()
da.Fill(ds, "Buttons")

Me.DataGridView1.DataMember = "Buttons"

Catch ex As OleDbException
MsgBox(ex.ToString)
Finally
' Close connection
Me.DataGridView1.RowsDefaultCellStyle.BackColor =
Color.LightBlue
Me.DataGridView1.AlternatingRowsDefaultCellStyle.BackColor
= Color.LightGray
Me.DataGridView1.DefaultCellStyle.WrapMode =
DataGridViewTriState.True
Me.DataGridView1.DataSource = ds
DataGridView1.Columns(0).Visible = False
conn.Close()
End Try

End Sub