From: Gina Whipp on
Oops, junction table...

***Modified
Guardian - ID
relationship
isprimary

***Junction table
GuardianID
PeopleID

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

".:RoKsTaR:." <RoKsTaR(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
How does that relate 2 people though?

From: Allen Browne on
Take a look at this article:
People in households and companies - modelling human relationships
at:
http://allenbrowne.com/AppHuman.html

Everyone (children, guardians, etc) goes into tblClient.
For each grouping, you then create a record in tblGroup.
Then tblGroupClient has a record for each person in the group.

From: .:RoKsTaR:. on
Thanks, I'll check that out :)
From: .:RoKsTaR:. on

Ok, I sort of understand that, but am still a bit hazy. Could you explain
why this won't work? right now I have a student table to take the peopleid
and associate it with a studentid. Then I have a gaurdian table to associate
a persion as a gaurdian and then show the relationship to a particular
student.

address - addressid, address, city, province, postalcode
attendance – attendanceid, peopleid, lessondate, lessonstatus, lessonnotes
phone- phoneid, phonenum, extension, phlocation
email - emailid email, emailLocation, isprimary
webservice – webserviceid, username, service
people – peopleid, firstname, lastname
products – productid, producttype, productdesc, price

student – id, peopleid, lessonday, gender, DOB, iscurrent
guardian – id, peopleid1, peopleid2, relationship, isprimary

people_address – id, peopleid, addressid
people_phone – id, peopleid, phoneid
people_email – id, peopleid, emailed
people_webservice – id, peopleid, webserviceid

The deeper I get in this, the more I get confused ;)

From: Allen Browne on
So you have a Student table and a Guardian table.
One student can have multiple guardians?
One guardian can have multiple students.

The simplest solution would therefore be to create a GuardianStudent table
with fields:
- GuardianID relates to Guardian.GuardianID
- StudentID relates to Student.StudentID

If a guardian has 3 students, they have 3 records in this table.
If a student has 2 guardians, they have 2 records in this table.