From: slegendre on
I?ve been racking my brain on how to customize a normal list/menu item. I have
a dynamic menu that pulls all 50 US states from my database. So initially the
menu is set at [select a state] when you click the menu list drops down and you
can choose your state.

When you create a list/menu item, it always has the same black font and white
background, how can I change this?

Any help would be appreciated.

From: SafariTECH on
If all you are looking at doing is changing the colour scheme then you can use
CSS attached to the SELECT member, or the actual OPTION member.

I am, of course, assuming you are using SELECT as your dropdown menu.

NOTE: Some browsers and/or versions will not alter the SELECT with CSS. You
will probably get a mixture of results across the board, but most will look ok.

From: slegendre on
Thanks Glen, I'll give it a shot and repost.

Evenually, i'd like to create the state icons next to the state name, but this is a little out of my reach =)
From: SafariTECH on
SELECT members can not support images ...so if you want to do that, then you
have to start using DHTML for creating menus etc :)

SoThink has a great little product for making DHTML menus, and with a little
tweaking it works well with CF and has plugins for DreamWeaver and Frontpage
etc.

From: slegendre on
Thanks i'll check it out and shoot a reply soon after. Thanks for your help