From: Sharkbyte on
Has anyone experimented with, or completed, any kind of dynamic report
building system, within Access? This would be for use from an MDE, not the
Reports tab.

I would be interested in looking at how you were able to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.

Sharkbyte
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
If you mean an adhoc report, you cannot create anything at runtime with an
MDE, but you can run existing code to show or hide objects. You can also
used a Dialog form to alter the values of the report's criteria.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: bubbles on
On May 17, 8:06 pm, Sharkbyte <sharkby...(a)hotmail.com-> wrote:
> Has anyone experimented with, or completed, any kind of dynamic report
> building system, within Access?  This would be for use from an MDE, not the
> Reports tab.
>
> I would be interested in looking at how you were able to accomplish this.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sharkbyte

You mean like Crystal Reports?
From: david on
Yes, I've done it, no, I can't really give any advice.

You don't want to re-create MS Access: that application already exists, and
it would be far to much work.

Instead, as a starting point you need to decide what small feature of your
reports you would like your user to be able to change, and create a form
that allows them to change that.

(david)