From: R on
Theoretically possible. you can write a macro to autofilter first sheet with respect to the name in the second sheet and copy the visible cells to sheet2 at the appropriate rows by inserting rows above the cell containing names

it depends upon the configuration of the two sheets.

Wes_A wrote:

Dynamic view of data based on cell content
14-Apr-10

Good day all. Excel 2007.
I have (many) columns each displaying student data in rows below.
On a separate sheet I have a data validated sellection from a dropdown menu
of the students names.
What I am trying to achieve is that when a particular student name is
selected from the dropdown, the corresponding student data should appear in
fixed cells on the top rows of same sheet where the student name was selected.
The cells where the selction is made will move down the sheet row by row,
but the data should appear (now for the new student selected) in the same
fixed cells on the top of the sheet.
Hope this is clear and not too convoluted!!
Can anyone assist?

BizTalk Repeating Structures Table Looping and Table Extract
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/73bf7539-4c13-43a5-a580-a5704fe31a76/biztalk-repeating-structu.aspx