From: helene and gabor on
Hello,

Most of my saved VBA codes disappeared. When one clicks on MS Excel a blank
sheet with cells appears- as it should.
When one clicks on Developer, Visual basic the VBE screen appears,
with a short program (that I entered some time ago)

Sub amacro()

End sub

The top of the screen is troubling:
Microsoft Visual Basic function_custom.xlsm [module2(Code)]

If a program is entered here then after a while it disappears. The above
function can not be deleted !!
When one tries to save the program using the save feature of the Excel grid
then the name of the file appears on the VBE sheet just temporarily.

My only thought is to delete Excel and reenter it. Your help will be
appreciated.

Gabor Sebo

From: JLGWhiz on
With the VBE open, look at the upper left panel that says Project. Double
click on Module1 and see if your codes appear.

From: helene and gabor on
Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply and help. I see function_custom.xlsm is a
choice, and clicking on project I can get sheet 1 Book1 version up.

Gabor Sebo

From: JLGWhiz on
You had this statement in your original post:

The top of the screen is troubling:
Microsoft Visual Basic function_custom.xlsm [module2(Code)]

Since the titlebar is showing modudle2(Code), the assumption is that there
is a module1 existing. What I suggested was that you double click on that
name in the Project window to show that code module window. I suspect that
your missing macros are in module1.

To see if the macros exist, in the Excel window, click Tools>Macro>Macros
and see if they are listed in the dialog box. If they are not in the dialog
box, it is possible that they were originally entered in the code modules of
sheets or ThisWorkbook and are not public procedures. The other possibility
is that the workbook was converted as a .xlsx file, although that would be
an extreme case since you have already said that you found an old macro in
module2.

> Hello,
>

> Thanks for your quick reply and help. I see function_custom.xlsm is a
> choice, and clicking on project I can get sheet 1 Book1 version up.
>
> Gabor Sebo
>

> "JLGWhiz" <JLGWhiz(a)cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> With the VBE open, look at the upper left panel that says Project.
>> Double click on Module1 and see if your codes appear.
>>

>> "helene and gabor" <gabelene(a)townisp.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Most of my saved VBA codes disappeared. When one clicks on MS Excel a
>>> blank sheet with cells appears- as it should.
>>> When one clicks on Developer, Visual basic the VBE screen appears,
>>> with a short program (that I entered some time ago)
>>>
>>> Sub amacro()
>>>
>>> End sub
>>>
>>> The top of the screen is troubling:
>>> Microsoft Visual Basic function_custom.xlsm [module2(Code)]
>>>
>>> If a program is entered here then after a while it disappears. The above
>>> function can not be deleted !!
>>> When one tries to save the program using the save feature of the Excel
>>> grid then the name of the file appears on the VBE sheet just
>>> temporarily.
>>>
>>> My only thought is to delete Excel and reenter it. Your help will be
>>> appreciated.
>>>

>>> Gabor Sebo

Pages: 1
Prev: Calling Macro