From: mimran on
Hi All,
I am using EZ USB FX2 dev kit. I am just new to this all and need to
program 8051 through a firmware program. I am working in windows
environment. I need help about how to start and specially in finding some
sample "firmware Program" which can be compiled through keil.

Thanks in advance

From: nappy on
You will need to load in the Keil Assembler output Intel Hex file.

Reset the FX2's 8051 like this:
ResetUSB8051(TRUE);

bool CUSBFirm::ResetUSB8051(UCHAR reset)
CCyControlEndPoint *ctrlEpt = m_pFX2Device->ControlEndPt;

ctrlEpt->Target = TGT_DEVICE;
ctrlEpt->ReqType = REQ_VENDOR;
ctrlEpt->Direction = DIR_TO_DEVICE;
ctrlEpt->ReqCode = 0xA0; //ANCHOR_DOWNLOAD
ctrlEpt->Value = 0xE600; //7F92?
ctrlEpt->Index = 0;

UCHAR ucStop = reset;
LONG lBytesToSend = 1;
if(false == ctrlEpt->Write(&ucStop,lBytesToSend))

Then.. Parse the intel hex file and send the address/data down to the FX2 a
line at a time and lift the 8051 Reset like this

ResetUSB8051(FALSE);

That's all I am gonna give you on the Windows side.. gotta do some of this
yourself!

The docs for doing this are on the Cypress Website..

"mimran" <Muhammad(a)delfic3.nl> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I am using EZ USB FX2 dev kit. I am just new to this all and need to
> program 8051 through a firmware program. I am working in windows
> environment. I need help about how to start and specially in finding some
> sample "firmware Program" which can be compiled through keil.
>
> Thanks in advance

Pages: 1
Prev: ICD 2 for PIC12F509
Next: Rain Detector