From: kangax on
Garrett Smith wrote:
> kangax wrote:
>> Garrett Smith wrote:
[...]
>>> I have been checking that DOM tab after running my tests and it has
>>> helped me find a couple of undeclared identifiers.
>>>
>>> 1) run test
>>> 2) look at DOM tab
>>> 3) check for things like |i|, or other identifiers.
>>
>> I have a bookmarklet for that :)
>> <http://thinkweb2.com/projects/prototype/detecting-global-variable-leaks/>
>>

> Ah, I see now you are talking about the |r| identifier there, too.

Yep, it's already fixed in newer revisions.

--
kangax
From: kangax on
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> kangax wrote:
>> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>>> I had the same problem several times and have already decided to use more
>>> anchors in the next release. Thanks for mentioning my little project.
>> Np. Is "next release" version available online anywhere?
[...]
> While we are at it, because there are quite some differences I'm going to to
> list the documented/assumed version, and the earliest tested version for
> each feature vertically in the corresponding table cell. Do you (all of
> you) think that would be useful or would it rather clutter up the table too
> much?

Perhaps you can make it toggleable (or make it possible to switch
between tested and assumed results)? There could be other ways to avoid
clutter, of course.

> Also, in order to keep the document small, I'm going to enable syntax
> highlighting with client-side scripting instead of static `code' elements as
> it is now. Are you OK with that? Any suggestions about syntax highlighting
> in general?

I'm OK with that. I've been using
<http://google-code-prettify.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/prettify.js>
in NFE article, but it might be an overkill here. Take a look at the
source, see if you like it.

>> It would be easier to contribute knowing what changed in new version and
>> what didn't.
>
> Because of the current lack of a public bug tracking system (I'm getting
> ideas here!), just drop me a note (here or via PM) on what you think is
> missing/wrong in the current version and I'll consider adding/correcting it
> in the next. I don't mind any dupes in the process if you don't mind me
> telling you about them :)

I don't mind. I'll be mentioning it here if I find something missing in
currently public version.

[...]

--
kangax