From: mbaycura on
I have a comments field and a comments history field in my record. The
history is created by using:
=ColumnHistory([RecordSource],"Comments","[ID]=" & Nz([ID],0))

Is there a way to edit the contents of the history and or clear it?
I have some garbage content I'd like to get rid of.

I can get it to show in the table, but haven't figured out how to edit the
past comments stored in history. If anyone knows please help.
Thanks.
From: Allen Browne on
AFAIK, MS did not provide a way to delete the history.
Would kinda defeat the purpose of the feature, wouldn't it?

Some possibilities:

a) To do this for all records:
Create a new Memo field.
Populate it with an Update query.
Remove the original field.

b) To do this for one record:
Duplicate the record, and then remove the original.
The Column History doesn't come with it.

c) In table design view, set the memo's AppendOnly to No.
Save.
Then set it to Yes again.
(Note that this completely removes the history, i.e. ColumnHistory() returns
a zero-length string even for fields that have something in the memo field.)