From: Jay on
I'm trying to install the 2008 Adventure works databases (from :
http://msftdbprodsamples.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=34032)

and I get the message:

AdventureWorks2008 OLTP requires Full-Text Search which is not available for
the instance you selected. The "SQL Full-text Daemon Launcher" service for
this instance must be running.

I'm running a current SQL Server 2008 developer edition and can't find the
Full-Text search anywhere in the installer, or in Management Studio.

From: Greg Low (MVP) on
Hi Jay,

When installing, on the page where you select components, there is an option
for full-text indexing, under the database engine area. If not, make sure
it's really developer edition and not express.

HTH,

Greg

From: Jay on
I ended up doing a complete re-install and only used a single account. That
seemed to clear things up.

2000 was much simpler to install.