From: Accesshelp on
Hello all,

I have an Excel file that password-protects the worksheets and workbook.
Due to the password-protecting the worksheets, the Spelling option under
Tools menu is not available.

Could someone help me with a code to have the Spelling option enabled while
the worksheets are password-protected?

Thanks.
From: Rich Locus on
Hello:

If you have your worksheet protected, then you could put two buttons on the
worksheet: one to unprotect, and one to protect. This is useful if you are
not concerned with security and just want to keep the user from altering
items by mistake.

Here are the subroutines... use your own passwords. I used this technique
for a similar purpose with the understanding that the user would not attempt
anything unusual while in an unprotected state.

Sub Btn_UnProtect()
'
Sheets("POMIS").Select
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="rob"

End Sub

Sub Btn_Protect()
'
Sheets("POMIS").Select
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="rob", DrawingObjects:=False,
Contents:=True, Scenarios:= _
False, AllowSorting:=True, AllowFiltering:=True

End Sub

--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

From: Accesshelp on
Rich,

Thanks for your response. The worksheets will always be protected, and I am
looking for a code that would enable the Spelling option under Tools while
the worksheets are password-protected.

I do not understand one thing is there is a code "EnableFilter", and why
there is no code for "EnableSpelling".

Thanks.

From: Rich Locus on
Hello:

I researched your request, and reviewed some of the MVP responses from past
years on this issue. The spreadsheet MUST be unlocked to do a spell check,
but here was a suggestion from one MVP... create a "Spell Check" button and
use this macro (again, this came from another MVP):

Sub SpellCheckIt()
Sheets("Sheet1").Unprotect "password"
ActiveSheet.CheckSpelling
Sheets("Sheet1").Protect "password"
End Sub

--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

From: Accesshelp on
Rich,

Thank you very much for taking the time to do the research and following up
with me. I am aware of the code "CheckSpelling" and the code from below, and
I am trying to avoid using the code from below, if possible.

I guess that is the only option available, and it's kind of make sense that
how can you check for spelling and fix the spelling if the worksheet is
protected.

Thanks again. Have a great weekend!