From: SilverICE on
I'm trying to enable SCR on a CCR source server to a stand alone target
server in my test lab.

When I run Enable-StorageGroupCopy "CCR_Server\storage group 01"
-StandbyMachine Mailbox_Server -ReplayLagTime 0.0:0:0 I get the following
error:

Enable-StorageGroupCopy : Another standby continuous replication source is
already configured at 'L:\CCR_Server\SG1Logs' for 'CopyLogFolderPath'.
At line:1 char:24 + Enable-StorageGroupCopy <<<< "CCR_Server\storage group
01" -StandbyMachine SCR_Server -ReplayLagTime 0.0:0:0

I obviously did something wrong initially and attempted to disable SCR
altogether and start fresh. However, when I run disable-StorageGroupCopy
"CCR_Server\storage group 01" -StandbyMachine SCR_Server it returns the
following error:

Disable-StorageGroupCopy : Storage group 'CCR_Server\storage group 01' does
not have standby continuous replication enabled. At line:1 char:25 +
disable-StorageGroupCopy <<<< "CCR_Server\storage group 01" -StandbyMachine
SCR_Server

So how can I enable SCR? One command says there is a SCR source already
configured, and the other command says that it's not enabled. Any help is
appreciated.
From: "Catastrophic Failure "JV"" on
On Nov 17, 7:52 am, SilverICE <Silver...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I'm trying to enable SCR on a CCR source server to a stand alone target
> server in my test lab.
>
> When I run Enable-StorageGroupCopy "CCR_Server\storage group 01"
> -StandbyMachine Mailbox_Server -ReplayLagTime 0.0:0:0 I get the following
> error:
>
> Enable-StorageGroupCopy : Another standby continuous replication source is
> already configured at 'L:\CCR_Server\SG1Logs' for 'CopyLogFolderPath'.
> At line:1 char:24 + Enable-StorageGroupCopy  <<<< "CCR_Server\storage group
> 01" -StandbyMachine SCR_Server -ReplayLagTime 0.0:0:0
>
> I obviously did something wrong initially and attempted to disable SCR
> altogether and start fresh.  However, when I run disable-StorageGroupCopy
> "CCR_Server\storage group 01" -StandbyMachine SCR_Server it returns the
> following error:
>
> Disable-StorageGroupCopy : Storage group 'CCR_Server\storage group 01' does
> not have standby continuous replication enabled.  At line:1 char:25 +
> disable-StorageGroupCopy  <<<< "CCR_Server\storage group 01" -StandbyMachine
> SCR_Server
>
> So how can I enable SCR?  One command says there is a SCR source already
> configured, and the other command says that it's not enabled.  Any help is
> appreciated.

Hi SilverICE,

This topic explains how to use the Exchange Management Shell to enable
standby continuous replication (SCR) for a storage group. Before you
can enable a storage group for SCR, you must first make sure that the
paths for the storage group files, log files, and database file can be
identically matched on the SCR source and all SCR target computers.
For example, if on the SCR source, the storage group files and log
files are located at D:\SG1\Logs and the database is located at E:
\SG1\Database, you must also have D:\SG1\Logs and E:\SG1\Database
available for the path on all SCR target computers.
Run the following command:
Enable-StorageGroupCopy -Identity <NameofStorageGroup> -StandbyMachine
<NameofSCRTargetMachine> -ReplayLagTime 0.1:0:0

Please let me know for the results.

Regards
Catastrophic Failure “JV”
From: SilverICE on
Thanks for the reply, but my directories are the same and the PS command you
suggest is the one I am running.

One thing that's not real clear to me is whether the directories on the
target simply need to be there or whether I also need to create like Storage
Groups and Mailstores?