From: Demec on
So far the tutorials I've seen are for encrypting text and then
decrypting it back.
So for example you have a
plaintext = "some text"

you encrypt it and the you decrypt it depending on how you encrypted
it.

What I am looking for is to encrypt a whole file and then store it.
for example I allow my users to upload .doc/.xls files in a Rails app.
I want to encrypt those files so I would not store them like that, and
in case a user wants to download it back the app will decrypt it and
then send it to user.

How can I do this ?
From: Dejan Dimic on

Try http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby+encrypt+decrypt