From: Daave on
The other night I was copying a large file to an external USB hard
drive. I decided to go to bed and when I woke up and returned to the PC,
I saw a BSOD. And damned if I now can't find the scrap of paper I wrote
down the details on!!! Sorry [hangs head]! I will post back when I
locate it. It was a memory dump.

Anyway, I Googled and the only suggestion that I thought was worth
trying was to open a command prompt, change the directory to
C:\windows\system32, and enter the following command:

regsvr32 usbmon.dll

I wasn't sure if this would fix the problem, but I figured it couldn't
hurt.

I then got the following message:

usbmon.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not
found. This file can not be registered.

I wonder if this is related to my BSOD or if it is coincidental. Also,
how can I address this other issue?

TIA.

From: Daave on
Daave wrote:
> The other night I was copying a large file to an external USB hard
> drive. I decided to go to bed and when I woke up and returned to the
> PC, I saw a BSOD. And damned if I now can't find the scrap of paper I
> wrote down the details on!!! Sorry [hangs head]! I will post back
> when I locate it. It was a memory dump.
>
> Anyway, I Googled and the only suggestion that I thought was worth
> trying was to open a command prompt, change the directory to
> C:\windows\system32, and enter the following command:
>
> regsvr32 usbmon.dll
>
> I wasn't sure if this would fix the problem, but I figured it couldn't
> hurt.
>
> I then got the following message:
>
> usbmon.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not
> found. This file can not be registered.
>
> I wonder if this is related to my BSOD or if it is coincidental. Also,
> how can I address this other issue?
>
> TIA.

Upon further research, it is very possible that usbmon.dll was not
*meant* to be registered...

Sound right?