From: Darren on
I have a list of names in column A with numerical values in column B

Example:
A B
Alan 1234
Darren 2433
Tammi 2055
Carol 1999
Rose 2001
Reese 2411

Is it possible to equally split the list into 2 columns so that the number
totals (B) are the same (or as near as)?
From: Jacob Skaria on
Sort the list by ColB and assign subsequent rows to each set.

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Darren on
Thanks for the reply Jacob. The problem I have is that the actual list is
over 200 names. The sort bit I can do (highest to lowest). When you say
assign subsequent rows, do you mean manually drag every other name and number
to 2 new column sets? I was really hoping for something that would do this
for me. The list of names isn't constant. it changes from month to month, as
do the values of column B

From: Darren on
Doing it as I presume you mean I have 2 totals. The values are 52,898 and
52,488. As you can see there is a considerable difference between the 2. I
want them to be as close as possible to eachother.

From: Darren on
Sorry for so many replies. What I can't do is generate the lists manually.
Straight away I'd be accused of 'team fixing'. I need the teams to be as
equal as possible but randomly generated. That way, if there's a query, I can
show that I had no input in the lists.

"Darren" wrote:

> Doing it as I presume you mean I have 2 totals. The values are 52,898 and
> 52,488. As you can see there is a considerable difference between the 2. I
> want them to be as close as possible to eachother.
>
> "Darren" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the reply Jacob. The problem I have is that the actual list is
> > over 200 names. The sort bit I can do (highest to lowest). When you say
> > assign subsequent rows, do you mean manually drag every other name and number
> > to 2 new column sets? I was really hoping for something that would do this
> > for me. The list of names isn't constant. it changes from month to month, as
> > do the values of column B
> >
> > "Jacob Skaria" wrote:
> >
> > > Sort the list by ColB and assign subsequent rows to each set.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jacob (MVP - Excel)

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3