From: cpshah99 on

Hi All

I have a question regarding whitened matched filtered (WMF) channel model.

In Proakis Comms book, the derivation is provided about this model where
the transmit filter, channel, received filter, noise whitening filter and
sampler can be modelled as tapped delay line and then he gives three
channel impluse responses namely A, B and C. So far so good.

My question is: lets say for channel B, which is a three tap channel with
amplitudes [0.407 0.815 0.407]. From this we can see that there are three
paths. But does it mean that the channel, in the above WMF model, has the
same profile?

I hope I am clear in what I am asking.

Best Regards,

Chintan