From: Dee Jay Dee on
Hello all,

I despair ... the problem of carryiong out the monthly updates first
appeared for me when I tried updating December 2007. I run XP Professional
SP2 on a Dell platform, with AVG Free Edition. I tried elements of the
solutions outlined here and after a deal of struggling, it worked and I was
able to update with the December 2007 fixes/patches. January 2008 arrives and
nothing that I try as outlined here seems to work?

I've stopped the BITS and AVG services and even gone to the extreme of
de-installing AVG. Up to and including Nov 2007, the update process worked
fine.

Any thoughts please?

Pages: 1
Prev: window updates