From: gharz on

Bullant75,

i followed your instruction... but i missed to delete oem*.* in the
%systemroot%\inf folder. it has installed service pack 2 BUT everything
is a mess now.

our SBS 2003 serves as a primary domain controller... it our DNS and
DHCP server, default gateway... after the installation and reboot, i
can't open mmc... DNS server is not running and all entries are gone.
the network manager does not show my network card. though, i can still
ping my own ip address (192.168.10.2). the SBS 2003 can not be ping by
workstation.

my ultimate question is, *is there a way to rollback the changes*? i
didn't back up my system hoping that everything would be fine. but now,
i screwed up everything. i did a back up of CatRoot and CatRoot2
folders. Copied CatRoot folder into my Desktop... Copied CatRoot2 in
%systemroot%/system32 and renamed the folder to oldCatRoot2.

copy and paste doesn't work at all now. i can't copy the files from my
Desktop\CatRoot to my System32\CatRoot... all files inside are having SA
attributes.

i tried uninstalling service pack in add/remove programs but after some
time it gives me an error saying that the files/path specified can not
be found... something like that... and a message says that service pack
has not been successfully uninstalled.

please help.

--
gharz
gharz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/168775.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: MowGreen on
One hopes that you're not getting paid to screw up the SBS 2003 server.
There's a bunch of folks in this newgroup who will do that for free !

Suggest you get thee hence to this newsgroup:

Windows Small Business Server General
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs&cat=en_US_e18fea59-512f-421e-b9f3-3e1f643123f2&lang=en&cr=US

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"