From: Dave Peterson on
Did the error occur on the .name line? Maybe you're trying to use a QT name
that's already in use???

If you actually type out the string in that .add() portion, does the code work?

with activesheet.querytables.add(connection:="TEXT;C:\yourpath\yourfilename",...

Does it work? Maybe your variables aren't what they think they are???

--

Dave Peterson
From: Dave Peterson on
Is the code in a General module -- or is it in a worksheet module.

If it's in a worksheet module, then this unqualified range (Range("A1")) refers
to the sheet that owns the code--not the activesheet.

Try qualifying the range:
...Destination:=activesheet.Range("A2"))...

--

Dave Peterson
From: Dave Peterson on
I'd still keep an eye out for problems.

(But I've had the same thing happen to me. I don't usually blame excel -- I
just figured that I made a change that I thought was insignificant and it
wasn't!)