From: "Datatronics Gmail" on

Hello Everyone, i´m going to make it quick,

Problem #1

We are receiving a lot of errors from the Queue of postfix, and emails are
not going out, we are getting this error:

host mx2.hotmail.com[65.54.188.72] said: 451 Couldn't open temporary file

We have also seen that we have been marked as a blacklist in this is:

http://www.uceprotect.net

*********************************
Problem #2

Also, We are getting the same error when we are sending emails inside our
network "without sending them through internet" with our outlook, we are
getting the error: 451 Couldn't open temporary file when we try to send an
Email Configuration Test,

I understand the problem with the blacklist, but why is our outlook giving
us that error when we send them inside our domain?

Thanks a lot in advance.

From: Patric Falinder on
Datatronics Gmail skrev 2010-07-01 15:06:

> Hello Everyone, i�m going to make it quick,

> Problem #1
>
> We are receiving a lot of errors from the Queue of postfix, and emails are
> not going out, we are getting this error:
>
> host mx2.hotmail.com[65.54.188.72] said: 451 Couldn't open temporary file
>
> We have also seen that we have been marked as a blacklist in this is:
>
> http://www.uceprotect.net
>
> *********************************
> Problem #2
>
> Also, We are getting the same error when we are sending emails inside our
> network "without sending them through internet" with our outlook, we are
> getting the error: 451 Couldn't open temporary file when we try to send an
> Email Configuration Test,
>
> I understand the problem with the blacklist, but why is our outlook giving
> us that error when we send them inside our domain?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.

It sounds like there is some permission problems on postfix working
directories or that you are running postfix as an other user or similar.

Check which owner Postfix is running as and what permissions
/var/lib/postfix/ has (I think), there might be more or other places.

From: "Datatronics Gmail" on
Hello Patric,

Thanks for your quick Reply,

Looks like our ISP got us out of the blacklist, and all of the emails in the
queue where delivered during the night, but my question is the following,

Why were we getting the same 451 error inside our network?, I understand
that if we are marked as a Spam we can´t send them out, but what about the
inside of the network?

Thanks a lot,

Alan

From: /dev/rob0 on
First, a note about posting etiquette. Please don't top-post your
replies. And when starting a new thread, start with a NEW message,
not a reply to someone else's post. Thank you.

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 09:07:18AM +0200, Datatronics Gmail wrote:
> Looks like our ISP got us out of the blacklist, and all of the
> emails in the queue where delivered during the night, but my

Out of UCEprotect? The ISP did this for you? Both of these claims
appear highly unlikely, as was the implied belief that Hotmail/MSN
uses UCEprotect.

> question is the following,
>
> Why were we getting the same 451 error inside our network?, I
> understand that if we are marked as a Spam we can´t send them out,
> but what about the inside of the network?

Let's examine the log that you posted. Note, it is in plain English
so as to be understandable.

> > host mx2.hotmail.com[65.54.188.72] said: 451 Couldn't open
> > temporary file (in reply to DATA command)

Host mx2.hotmail.com (at IP address 65.54.188.72) said (presumably to
your smtp(8) client), "451 Couldn't open temporary file," in reply to
your DATA command. So, apparently there was some problem at this
particular Hotmail MX host. The assumption that it was associated
with a listing on UCEprotect is unfounded and farfetched.

snip
> It sounds like there is some permission problems on postfix working
> directories or that you are running postfix as an other user or
> similar.
>
> Check which owner Postfix is running as and what permissions
> /var/lib/postfix/ has (I think), there might be more or other
> places.

This was wrong. Nothing posted indicated an issue in the OP's
installation of Postfix.