From: Girevik on
For the past several days, every time I shut down my computer (Windows 7), it
told me I had 4 updates to install. Finally today I went out and tried to
install them using Windows Update and got errror 646. I've also tried
installing one update at a time, and they failed that way as well. Iwas able
to install an optional update.

The updates it's trying to install are KB980470, KB980729, KB981433 and
KB981715. Can anyone give me an idea why these may not be working?
From: Ǝиçεl on
Hello Girevik,

You need to update manually.

Follow the links provided by MowGreen

Microsoft Download Center
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search.aspx?

or, Microsoft Update Catalog
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/

Go to either link and enter the KB number of the updates that are not
installing.

Example: If KB 123456 is not installing with the 646 error, then enter
KB123456 in the Search field of either site. Download, save, Logged-in as
the Administrator and execute locally.

I'm suяe someone else will help you if this suggestion doesn't help.

Let us know what hªppens.

Ǝиçεl
-=-
PS
Do *not* get optional updates from the Windows/Microsoft updates web page
unless your hardware happens to be Microsoft manufacturered... Always get the
hardware drivers (when you need them) from the actual manufactureя of said
product.
-=-