From: ABBA on
This error doesn't let me install windows live (messanger) because it says im
not connected to the internet. I don't have a firewall active and it's
obvious im connected cause im writting this post. Please help! What to do?
From: Robert Aldwinckle on
(cross-post added to Windows Live Messenger)
"ABBA" <ABBA(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:406730C8-429A-4992-9608-AD81DCE1B597(a)microsoft.com...
> This error doesn't let me install windows live (messanger) because it says im
> not connected to the internet. I don't have a firewall active and it's
> obvious im connected cause im writting this post. Please help! What to do?

How is this related to Windows Update?

Can we guess that your connection is dial-up or at most PPPoE?

That isn't good enough for some apps which seem to want to use
a LAN connection. Using Never dial... and making the connection
attempt the first thing after getting the link connected may be sufficient
to working around this symptom.

Also, IIRC I had this symptom when I first installed WLM a long time ago
(though I can't remember if the error code was part of my symptoms)
and the resolution was to do the install online (e.g. not try to install
a saved download). I think I also found that I had to be logged in
with a Live ID in order to do both the download and the install.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---