From: Ticker on
I am running Windows XP SP3 and IE8.

For the last week Automatic Updates keeps failing for Microsoft.NET
Frameworks 3.5 SP1 and Family Update. Trying to update from the site it shows
that the down load has 0Kb and 0 time! When I check the fail the error code
is 0x02.

The 2.0 SP1 update successfully loaded on 4th May.
From: Ǝиçεl on
The updates show as 0 KB when they have been previously downloaded to
the system. Windows Update is detecting their presence in the Download
subfolder of SoftwareDistribution or in one of the transaction logs.
First, show hidden files, folders, and system files:
<http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html#winxp>

Next, go to Start > Run > type in

net stop wuauserv
Click OK or press Enter
The Automatic Updates service will stop
Back to Start > Run > type in [or copy&paste]

%windir%\softwaredistribution

Delete ALL of the subfolders of SoftwareDistribution
Close the window
Download and SAVE:
Windows Update Agent 3.0 [x86-32bit]
http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe

KB927891 [x86-32bit]
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7A81B0CD-A0B9-497E-8A89-404327772E5A

Install WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe
Now install WindowsXP-KB927891-v3-x86-ENU.exe and then restart the system

Either initiate a manual visit to Windows Update via the Start Menu link
or from within IE > Tools > Windows Update or, to do it automatically,
Start > Run > type in

wuauclt /detectnow
Click OK or press Eиteя
-=-

From: Ticker on

"Ticker" wrote:

> I am running Windows XP SP3 and IE8.
>
> For the last week Automatic Updates keeps failing for Microsoft.NET
> Frameworks 3.5 SP1 and Family Update. Trying to update from the site it shows
> that the down load has 0Kb and 0 time! When I check the fail the error code
> is 0x02.
>
> The 2.0 SP1 update successfully loaded on 4th May.

I tried all the suggestions and some worked, others did not so could not
complete the actions. Looking at your message I picked up on your remark
about previous attempts at the download and deleted the latest file (16th
April) in the Download subfolder. The latest .Net file from site then showed
as being 69Kb and it appeared to load until at the very end the error message
appeared once more.
From: error 0X643/downloads/does not install ! error 0X643/downloads/does not install on

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Why are you replying to yourself?