From: Reaper on
I have tried to install Serive Pack 2 on my Windows Vista laptop, but get
error message 80080005. My laptop has been crashing a lot recently and I have
recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, but sometimes when it
crashes and does a system check it re-installs McAfee Security Scan Plus. I
also have Windows Defender running. Not sure if having all this security
software going at the same time is preventin me from downloading SP2. Any
helpplease?
From: Michael on
"Reaper" <Reaper(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have tried to install Serive Pack 2 on my Windows Vista laptop, but get
> error message 80080005. My laptop has been crashing a lot recently and I
> have
> recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, but sometimes when it
> crashes and does a system check it re-installs McAfee Security Scan Plus.
> also have Windows Defender running. Not sure if having all this security
> software going at the same time is preventin me from downloading SP2. Any
> helpplease?

Having 2 AV's running causes evil things to happen to your system. Dump
CrapAfee, download and run the free version of
http://www.malwarebytes.org/, then see what happens. Good luck.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Ǝиçεl on
Use the McAfee removal tool.
How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the
McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)
<http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507>
-=-

Then, reinstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

However, I'd be surprised if an install of Kaspersky suite, doesn't
automatically
disable the Windows Dender on your behalf.
-=-

Best way to install Vista SP2

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=6e36e628-c81d-408d-8d30-4ba37d6b2a0d&mid=6e36e628-c81d-408d-8d30-4ba37d6b2a0d>

If you're having problems installing SP2 *via Windows Update*, you can also
post about your problems here instead:
<http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads/>

Please post any other Vista SP2-related questions in a Vista-specific
newsgroup (e.g., Vista General) or either of these 2 forums:
<http://www.answers.microsoft.com/windows> ;
<http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistasp/threads/>

Installation Tips:

• Your computer will restart several times during the installation process:
Make certain you've saved your work and closed all open applications before
beginning the install.

• Disable
(1) your anti-virus application,
(2) any real-time system protections afforded by any anti-spyware
applications (except Defender), &
(3) your third-party firewall (if any) and then
(4) enable the Windows Firewall [u]before installing or uninstalling[/u]
Vista SP2.

• The installation process can take an hour or more: If you're installing
SP2 on a portable computer, make sure that you plug-in the power cord and
have the battery inserted into its bay.

• Vista SP1 is a prerequisite for installing SP2. If you use Windows Update
or the Automatic Update feature in Windows Vista, you will not be offered
the option to install SP2 until you first install SP1.

How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack:
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791/>

Good luck!
-=-

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
And did your McAfee subscription (or free trial) expire before you installed
KIS 2010?

Did you run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool before you installed
KIS 2010?

Have you purchased KIS 2010?

Windows Vista SP2 issues until August 30, 2010. Availability of chat or
e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Some issues
may require more advanced support for which there is a charge. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=13014&gprid=582034 &
select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
Issues after you install a service pack).
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)