From: DGP on

I fought this on two machines, for CSR Cambridge Bluetooth May 2008.
Finally, this worked:
1) In Device manager I did an uninstall and delete driver files (sounds
drastic, but there are other copies).
2) I did a scan for hardware changes, so the dongle driver files
reinstalled.
3) I hit retry on Windows Update, and this time the install went
through, or I got lucky.
The related bluetooth dongle was in place throughout. If the dongle is
out, the update is "not needed", and you get either an error or a false
good install.

Of course, this update does not fix the CSR dongle by itself. That is
a secondary puzzle. Some bloggers say the vendor cut old devices off in
the later releases, perhaps because there were too many old designs for
which they did not get license fees.

--
DGP

Pages: 1